At Te Tupu Managed Moves, we ensure that we build powerful relationships that allow us to challenge our students both socially and academically.
We do this utilising the NZ curriculum and Te Marautanga o Aotearoa.
The key aspects of our curriculum are:
1. Educationally powerful connections and relationships
2. Raising Achievement in Maths and Literacy through a responsive curriculum
3. Equity and Excellence, so students have effective, equitable and sufficient opportunities to learn.
Our curriculum places a strong emphasis on hauora or wellbeing. Students are supported to learn life skills as well as completing their learning activities.
We have several offsite trips each term, which enables students to grow their sense of turangawaewae and whanaungatanga.
Our goal is that all learners will leave Te Tupu with the following attributes:
· Willingly engage in their learning.
· Be confident speakers and communicators.
· Be competitive, able to set high standards and have high expectations.
· Work cooperatively with peers and in groups
· Know their identity and origins.
· Understand the values of the wider world.
· Display manaakitanga to all people regardless of who or where they are or their appearance.
We are also supported by Te Aho o Te Kura Pounamu (the Correspondence School), who have been an active partner with Te Tupu from our very beginnings.